Annapolis Valley Chamber of Commerce is inviting letters and resumes in application for a Maternity Leave cover of the position of Member Specialist (37.5 hours/week). Responsibilities include ongoing communication with members individually as well as through newsletters and social media. Innovative marketing initiatives are also key to keeping in touch with members and attracting new ones. The attraction of new members and sales of event sponsorships are key performance metrics.
Attendance at meetings and events will occasionally be required on weekends, early mornings, or evenings.
Candidates should have:
- A valid driver's license, own or have access to a vehicle
- A degree, diploma, or certificate in a business-related discipline
- Proficiency in social media and web analytics
- Basic bookkeeping (familiarity with Sage Accounting is an asset)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, coordinating multiple concurrent projects with changing priorities and deadlines
- Proficiency in Office productivity software, social media tools, and telecommunications tools
This is a temporary full-time position filling a maternity leave for up to 13 months. Applications must be received by 5:00 pm Friday, March 2nd by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are an energetic, organized, and outgoing professional who works well independently, please consider this position.